Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Scandinavian Quilt Project

Wool and flannel quilt project
Last spring, I started a machine-stitched wool quilt with a Scandinavian theme. The wool fabrics are from my friends at Marcus Fabrics. They have a line of wools and flannels that are simply delicious! Since I am a woman of varied ancestry--a lot of Danish, Welsh, and English--I thought I would get in touch with my Danish roots and make a quilt inspired from some of the traditional embroidery patterns. I sent it to the magazine, they liked it, and said it would be published in the Summer 2015 issue! I never dreamed it would be their cover shot. Ha!

3 comments:

  1. I saw the cover today and didn't know that was your design, the quilt is gorgeous. I can't wait to get my issue.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful quilt and your whole blog is lovely. I enjoyed the trips to Quilt Market and seeing the gorgeous photos of your home and makings. I'll follow you with bloglovin' :)

    ReplyDelete